No amount of business success can compensate for failure in the home”, I’d like to share with you my take on what it takes to succeed at both.
To succeed long term, both in business and in marriage, you must have both commitment and communication and commitment TO communication.
Both need to be committed to doing whatever it takes to keep the relationship alive and well.
Here’s a short list of advice common to many happy couples:
- People evolve. Explore each other. Commit to the never ending process of getting to know each other.
- Take 100% responsibility for the transformation. You can’t change the past. Focus on now. What can you do this moment to alter the experience? It actually only takes 1 to start the Tango : )
- Invest time daily in your togetherness.
- Have more fun together more often.
- Don’t take work home with you.
- If your spouse is working with you, make sure that it’s their choice, not your decision.
- Respect your spouse both privately and in public.
- Put your spouse before yourself.
- Surround yourselves with couples who have similar core relationship values.
- Your friends and family will virtually always agree with your inaccurate version of your relationship; that’s why it’s best not to bad mouth your spouse in front of them.
Source: Ben Altadonna